Good news from Sehnaoui
There is good news for Lebanon’s telecom sector! At a meeting August 19 with the LTA, Sodetel and TRA, Minister Nicholas Sehnaoui announced he has forwarded the draft bill to reduce fees for Internet services — E1s and DSL packages — to the Cabinet for consideration.
The private sector is heartened to hear Sehnaoui believes in “fair competition” among all operators.
Cedarcom vision and roadmap
- For introducing sustainable telecom laws and policies that guarantee innovation, competition and advanced services
- For reducing the cost of E1 ( 2 Mbps) to $50/month
- For 20-year ISP and DSP licenses
- For an immediate fair competition ground for public and private operators
- For equal taxes on private and state-owned operators
- For implementing Law 431/2002